Updates by Region:
Western Bay of Plenty:
- SH2 Waihī to Ōmokoroa: Safety improvement works are ongoing at various locations. Chipsealing will start near Athenree on 16th October.
- SH2 Athenree to Pahoia: Road repairs from 2nd to 6th October.
- SH2 Te Puna: Road closure on 1st and 2nd October for tree removal.
- Takitimu North Link Stage One: Construction activities between Te Puna and Bethlehem are underway.
- SH2 Hewletts Road: Intersection work starts on 3rd October.
- SH2 Bay Link: Lane closures on 2nd October and from 3rd to 6th October.
- SH29 Takitimu Drive Toll Road: Speed limits reduced in early to mid-October.
- SH36 Pyes Pa: Traffic diversions removed; shoulder closures continue.
- SH2 Tauranga Eastern Link Toll Road (TELTR): Three lanes now open.
- SH30 Eastern Corridor Stage Two: Multiple worksites are active.
- SH30/SH33 Te Ngae Junction: Roadwork from 9th to 14th October.
- SH33 Te Ngae Junction to Paengaroa: Safety improvement continues near Pareteiro – Sun Valley Curves.
Eastern Bay of Plenty:
- SH35 Motu River: Single lane access until early-October.
- SH35 Chipseal: Starts near Whangaparāoa on 3rd October.
- SH30 Awakeri to Whakatāne: Pavement and utility site investigation begins on 5th October.
- SH30 Whakatāne: Resurfacing work starts on 2nd October.
- SH2 Waimana Gorge: Rehabilitation begins on 3rd October.
- SH2 Wainui Road to Ōpōtiki: Service relocation work is ongoing.
- SH2 Waioeka Gorge: Remedial works have commenced.
Motorists are advised to plan their journeys using the Waka Kotahi Journey Planner for real-time updates.