It’s not always easy to find a flat or house, especially one that meets all your needs. To help you find the right property, you could:
- Search on the internet
- Look in the ‘To let’ column in the classifieds section of your local newspaper. In most areas, the best days to look are Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Place an ad in the paper to say you’re looking for a property
- Ask people you know if they know someone who’s looking for tenants
- Post notices locally. This could be at your local dairy, community noticeboard, supermarket, polytechnic, university or wānanga, or local social media pages
- Ask at real estate agents and property management companies.